Random Cultivar Of The Day
- Rhode Island
- Flesh quality
- Tender, pleasantly flavored, and ranks from very good to best in quality, firm and tender.
- Flesh color
- Skin quality
- Thick, tough, smooth, waxen
- Skin color
- yellow, red blushed, pink blushed, green, mottled, orange, pink, orange blushed
- large, medium
- round, irregular, ribbed, oblate, elliptical, conical
- Keeping quality
- Fruit frequently scalds in storage but less so when placed in cold storage.
- dessert, table, kitchen, culinary
- Eating season starts in
- Eating season ends in
Spencer A. Beach, The Apples of New York, vol. 1 (Albany: J. B. Lyon Company, 1905), 253.